Watch the ASQ:SE-2 webinar series!
The ASQ:SE-2™ questionnaires are the most cost-effective, reliable way to screen young children for social-emotional issues in the first 6 years of life. Now in a NEW second edition, the 9 age-appropriate questionnaires (2, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 48, and 60 months) effectively screen 7 key social-emotional areas: self-regulation, compliance, adaptive functioning, autonomy, affect, social-communication, and interaction with people.
What's New in ASQ:SE-2
The Spanish ASQ:SE-2 questionnaires are better than ever, with helpful new features like:
- Updated Spanish translation that went through a rigorous vetting process by Spanish language experts, so the questionnaires are appropriate across dialects spoken in the US.
- New 2 month questionnaire: Reliably screen and start monitoring children as young as 1 month, so critical interventions can start earlier.
- Screen through kindergarten: Now you can screen children from 1–72 months with no gaps, so you can use ASQ:SE-2 through kindergarten and the transition to school.
- New behavior and communication items designed to elicit parent concerns that may point to autism and early communication issues.
- New data and cutoffs: ASQ:SE-2 is based on updated research and a large sample size of more than 14,000 diverse children.
- New monitoring zone that clearly identifies children who are close to the cutoff and should be monitored and rescreened.
- Questionnaire items revised and refined based on user feedback, to help parents provide the best responses.
- Sturdy, convenient new box with a handle for easy portability.
How to Use ASQ:SE-2 Questionnaires
Fast and easy to use, ASQ:SE-2 questionnaires take just 10–15 minutes for parents to complete. First, parents fill out the questionnaire, checking the response that best describes their child’s behavior: often or always, sometimes, or rarely or never. Clear questions help parents complete the questionnaires quickly and accurately, and open-ended questions ask about any related parental concerns. Professionals score the questionnaire in just 2–3 minutes, and then transfer a total score to a simple summary sheet along with any concerns the parent has noted. The summary sheet, a visual indicator of social emotional development and parent concerns, indicates whether any followup should be considered.
- Total scores that fall in the graph’s range of Risk (dark shaded zone) indicate the child may need further evaluation.
- NEW! A total score in the new “monitoring” zone (light shaded area) helps identify children that may require followup actions based on items of concern. Professionals can work with parents to address behaviors of concern and provide social-emotional development information sheets and activities to help their child make progress before the next screening.
- Scores outside the shaded zones mean the child’s social-emotional development appears to be developing on schedule. Parents can monitor their child’s development by rescreening at the next ASQ:SE-2 interval.
When you purchase a box of ASQ:SE-2 questionnaires, you’ll get photocopiable master copies on paper and printablePDF master copies on CD-ROM—so you and your staff will always have the format you want, right at your fingertips.
Convenient, easy online completion and management for ASQ:SE-2 questionnaires are both available with the purchase of ASQ Online. ASQ:SE-2 questionnaires are also available in English. Learn more about ASQ:SE-2 and its companion developmental screener, ASQ-3™ —the valid, reliable, and trusted tool for screening children during the crucial first 5½ years of life.