|| 8.5 x 11.0
Watch the ASQ:SE-2 webinar series!
The essential guide to the NEW edition of the trusted social-emotional screener, the updated ASQ:SE-2™ User's Guide gives your program all the information and guidance you need to use the screener accurately and effectively. You’ll get
- thorough, step-by-step instructions on screening with ASQ:SE-2, including planning and managing your screening program, administering and scoring the questionnaires, and evaluating your program’s effectiveness
- a complete technical report with psychometric data, including validity, sensitivity, and specificity
- guidance on using ASQ:SE-2 in a wide variety of settings
- sample letters and forms that increase family engagement, including a welcome letter, parent feedback survey, and parent conference sheet
- handouts and activities families can use to help promote children’s social-emotional development between screenings, plus a list of resources to support professionals
With this clear, comprehensive guide, professionals will be sure they're making the most of this highly reliable, accurate, and parent-friendly screener—so they can catch social-emotional issues early and help improve child outcomes.
The ASQ:SE-2 User's Guide is part of the ASQ:SE-2 screening system. ASQ:SE-2 is the NEW edition of the bestselling screener trusted to pinpoint social-emotional issues as early as possible during the crucial first 6 years of life. The 9 age-appropriate ASQ:SE-2 questionnaires effectively screen 7 key developmental areas: self-regulation, compliance, adaptive functioning, autonomy, affect, social-communication, and interaction with people. The second edition of ASQ:SE-2 has been revised and updated with invaluable new features, including a NEW 2 month questionnaire, an expanded age range, updated cutoff scores, new behavior and communication items, and more updates to help you better support families and promote social-emotional development.
Learn more about ASQ:SE-2 and its companion developmental screener, ASQ-3™—the valid, reliable, and trusted tool for screening children during the crucial first 5½ years of life.
Review by: Ruth Seedorf, Baby Bear Hugs
The user's guide is thorough … I appreciate the detail about the delivery of ASQ:SE-2 in various situations, and that it specifically addresses the use of ASQ:SE-2 with other languages. The Social Emotional Development Guides and Activities at the end will be very beneficial when talking to parents.
Review by: Martina Ebesugawa, Ed.D., Instructor, Child Development, Social Sciences and Humanities Division
The User's Guide allows the reader to understand that ASQ: SE-2 is not just a tool, but rather a tool that fits into a system and addresses a greater systemic need. It helps to empower county systems serving children at risk and with developmental and behavioral challenges [and provides] greater opportunity to identify the needs of these children, resulting in a stronger early intervention and early childhood education system.
List of Tables and Figures
About the Authors
Frequently Asked Questions
I Overview of ASQ
II Implementation of ASQ:SE-2
- 1 Introduction to ASQ:SE-2
- 2 The Need for ASQ:SE-2
- 3 The ASQ:SE-2 System
III ASQ:SE-2 in Practice
- 4 Phase I: Planning the Screening/Monitoring Program Using ASQ:SE-2
- 5 Phase II: Preparing, Organizing, and Managing the Screening Program
- 6 Phase III: Administering and Scoring ASQ:SE-2 and Following Up
- 7 Phase IV: Evaluating the Screening and Monitoring Program
- 8 ASQ:SE-2 Completion Methods
- 9 ASQ:SE-2 Settings
- 10 ASQ:SE-2 Case Examples
A Suggested Readings
C ASQ:SE-2 Technical Report
D Letters and Forms
Parent Letters/Forms (in English)
Parent Letters/Forms (in Spanish)
Physician/Professional Letters (in English)
Screening/Monitoring Program Forms (in English)
E Activities and Behavior List
F Social-Emotional Resources
Take your ASQ knowledge to the next level with the ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE-2 Training of Trainers Institute—a 3-day, in-depth, step-by-step seminar that gives you everything you need to know to instruct your colleagues in using the early intervention tools you trust.