7.0 x 10.0
Stock Number: 73503
Universal Design for Learning is the best way to teach all students effectively—but how can a busy teacher get started with UDL right now? Answers are in this vibrant, research-based guidebook, created by seasoned teacher and former UDL Coordinator Loui Lord Nelson. K-12 educators will learn how to use the three key principles of UDL—Engagement, Representation, and Action & Expression—to present information in multiple ways and meet the needs of diverse learners. Written in first person, like a face-to-face talk with a passionate educator, the book gives teachers a reader-friendly UDL primer and a practical framework for implementation, with detailed guidelines on lesson planning and checkpoints that help them stay on track.
USE UDL PRINCIPLES TO HELP STUDENTS:
- sharpen executive function skills, such as goal-setting and strategy development
- improve comprehension and information processing
- stay engaged during lessons and overcome distractions
- communicate effectively using multiple tools, including both high and low/no technology options
- develop self-regulation and self-assessment skills
- sustain effort and persistence
- increase autonomy
- show what they know through flexible, individualized assessment options
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Diverse examples of successfully using UDL across grades, sample assignments and activity ideas, and helpful tips and personal reflections from teachers and administrators.
Videos included online! Watch 16 short clips with UDL tips from experienced educators: www.brookespublishing.com/nelson-videos
ENHANCED E-BOOK VERSION AVAILABLE! The full-color e-book includes 16 embedded video clips of teachers and administrators offering tips on key UDL topics, such as choosing goals, promoting executive function, recruiting student interest, and helping students generalize new skills.
For the best reading experience please install one of the following free e-reader apps, all of which support video:
To read on your personal computer (Windows or Mac):
Google Chrome's Readium App
To read on an iPad or iPhone:
iBooks or Gitden EPUB3 Book Reader
To read on an Android device (tablet or mobile):
Gitden EPUB3 Book Reader or Gitden Sony reader with reader extension
Once your app is installed, follow these easy steps for downloading your e-book:
- Purchase the e-book through the device on which you will be reading.
- From your confirmation email or your Brookes Publishing website account, click the download link provided.
- The e-book will download*. If reading on your personal computer, transfer the file (which will be saved to your Downloads folder unless otherwise directed by you) to your reader library. If you are reading on a tablet or mobile device select the reader in which the e-book should be opened.
That’s it! You are now ready to read your enhanced e-book!
*The download time of the Design and Deliver e-book will vary slightly, but will likely take 30 minutes to an hour due to file size.